⁃ Ripe flat peaches
For the batter:
⁃ 85g plain flour
⁃ 1.5 tablespoons rice flour
⁃ 2 tablespoons sugar
⁃ Pinch of salt
⁃ 180ml water
For the crumble coating:
⁃ 100g plain flour
⁃ 75g butter, cut into small cubes
⁃ 50g rolled oats
⁃ 100g dark brown sugar
⁃ Icing sugar
⁃ Vanilla whipped cream
⁃ White chocolate
⁃ Edible rose petals
⁃ Chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Core the peaches then peel off the skin and set aside.
- To make the batter, combine the flour, rice flour, sugar, salt and water in a bowl. Set aside.
- For the crumble coating, first tip the flour into a different bowl along with the butter. Rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs (Alternatively, you can blend them together in the food processor for a few seconds). Stir in the oats and brown sugar then set aside.
- Dip each peach into the batter until it’s fully coated, then immediately transfer to the bowl with the crumble mixture and fully coat. Lightly pack the crumble around the peach to create an even layer. Place the crumble coated peach onto the baking tray.
- Repeat this process for the rest of the peaches then place in the oven to bake for about 25 minutes.
- Allow the peaches to fully cool before dusting with icing sugar, drizzling with white chocolate or piping on whipped cream. Decorate with edible rose petals, pistachios or as desired.