Peanut butter and chocolate is an irresistible power combo. This bark not only has this contrasting pairing but also has a creamy decadent texture to it. The fact that it’s sugar free, dairy free, gluten free and vegan makes it even more superb.
- 130g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 130g natural peanut butter
- 80g pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- your choice of toppings such as nuts, seeds, dried fruit etc. (I used goji berries, golden raisins and pumpkin seeds).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate, peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Microwave until ingredients are fully melted, stopping and stirring every 20 seconds or so.
- Remove from microwave and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture onto the lined baking tray and spread out to about 1/2 cm thick.
- Place in the fridge or freezer until firm.
- Cut into pieces and store in the fridge.