Switch up your Biscotti game with these crunchy moreish savoury Biscotti, packed with Mediterranean flavours. The process of making them is straightforward and they make a great savoury snack.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 130g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 25g black olives, finely chopped
- 35g sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 30g grated Parmesan
- 35g toasted Pine nuts
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar.
- Add olive oil gradually whisking until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Stir dry mixture into egg mixture until well combined.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, Parmesan and pine nuts. Combine thoroughly.
- Shape dough into a log about 8 inches long and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Flatten the top slightly.
- Bake at 170°C/325°F for about 30 minutes or until pale golden and not quite firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes.
- Place on a cutting board and slice into 1/2 inch thick slices with a knife.
- Place slices back on baking sheet and return to oven for about 20 minutes or until firm and dry, turning over halfway through cooking time.
- Allow to cool fully before transferring to an airtight container.