This delightful roasty toasty granola, naturally sweetened with date syrup is the granola of dreams. It’s rich, crunchy, nutty and packed full of deep flavour. I am in love with the irresistible pieces of chopped dates that get baked and become crisp on the outside but soft and caramelised on the inside. They’re like little unexpected flavour nuggets of super tasty sweeteness. This granola is sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.
- 100g rolled oats
- 30g pecan quarters
- 30g hazelnuts
- 65g pumpkin seeds
- 90g chopped pitted dates
- 3 tablespoons date syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, nuts and seeds.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the oil, date syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until well mixed. Add to the dry mixture and mix until throughly combined. Stir in the dates.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking tray and spread out into an even layer.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Stir a few times throughout baking to keep it from burning. Let it cool completely before transferring to an airtight container.