This makes a nice healthy side dish and is a quick and easy way to make use of beetroot stalks.
- 500g beetroot stalks, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 20g butter
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt & pepper
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the stalks, cover and simmer until fork tender, about 7 mins. Then drain.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the stalks, lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt & pepper.
- Sauté for a couple of minutes before stirring in the sugar, vinegar and additional salt & pepper to taste.