Ready in about 15 mins, this flavourous flatbread is a super tasty, quick and easy way to use up that abandoned jar of sun-dried tomatoes you may have lurking around, or maybe you just want to switch up your flatbread game and experience new flavours. This isn’t your usual flatbread, it’s full of flavour with soury undertones from the blended sun-dried tomatoes and hints of herbiness from the added oregano and basil. Not to mention its gorgeous reddy orange colour that represents the wonderful flavours inside.
- 100 g drained sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 200 g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin Olive oil
- 80ml water
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- Transfer the sun dried tomatoes to a food processor and blend until it forms a paste.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add flour mixture to food processor containing the sun dried tomato paste, along with the olive oil, water and basil.
- Pulse ingredients together just until a dough is formed.
- Transfer dough to a work surface and knead briefly a couple of times to ensure ingredients are well distributed and dough is smooth.
- Flatten the dough into a rough circle.
- Heat an 11 or 12 inch pan on medium heat. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the pan and swirl the pan around to distribute evenly. Place dough in pan and using your fingertips flatten dough into pan to cover the entire base.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes on one side, then flip over and cook for another 5 minutes on the other side.