These delectable cookies are probably one of the most easiest cookies to make as there’s no dough-chilling or too much of a process involved. They’re crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside and the combination of orange and almond works wonderfully. With one bite of these cookies, you go through a delightful experience in both flavour and texture. Also, this is a great way to make use of leftover egg whites.
- 220g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Dash of salt
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 120ml pure maple syrup
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Handful of flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ground almonds, vanilla powder and salt, followed by the orange zest.
- Pour in the maple syrup and mix together briefly . Gradually add the egg white and mix until the dough is wet and paste-like. (you may need more or less egg white depending on the consistency of your dough)
- Scoop round tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the tray. Sprinkle with flaked almonds and press down slightly to flatten (they won’t spread in the oven)
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or to desired doneness.