It’s all in the name, this granola is cheerfully oaty and toasty with perfectly delicate notes of golden syrup spice. The delightful touch of warm flavour complements the oats wonderfully and the thought of having this granola for breakfast is what gets me out of bed in the morning. 😄 Here’s the recipe for a nice small batch.
- 100g rolled oats
- 35g sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon black treacle
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats and seeds.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the oil, golden syrup black treacle, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until well mixed. Add to the dry mixture and mix until throughly combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking tray and spread out into an even layer.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Stirring halfway through baking to ensure it bakes evenly. Allow to cool completely on baking tray before transferring to an airtight container.